Winter Cherry / Asgandh Ashwagandha (اسگند, اسگندنا گوری) is also known as Indian Ginseng and Withania Somnifera. Its plant is originated from India and it grows best in dry regions. It has a wide range of health benefits including,
- Winter Cherry has the ability to fight against cancer, it is known to reduce the side effects of chemotherapy without interfering with the tumor cell-killing activity.
- It has been found to be effective in dealing with a variety of rheumatologic problems. The herb is known to act as a cyclooxygenase inhibitor that decreases inflammation and pain.
- It is effective in controlling bacterial infections in humans.
- It is effective in urogenital, gastrointestinal, and respiratory tract infections when consumed orally.
- With its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, is good for cardiovascular health problems. It strengthens the heart muscles and can also control cholesterol.
- It is used to improve both physical and mental health particularly great to reduce anxiety and depression because of its anti-stress properties. It had been administered to induce a soothing and calming effect on a person.
- Winter Cherry can be used to stimulate the thyroid gland. If using on a daily basis, it would increase the secretion of thyroid hormones.
- Winter Cherry possesses hemo-poetic properties that helps to prevent conditions like anemia.
- It is useful in improving muscular strength of the lower limbs and weakness. It also has a positive impact on neuro-muscular coordination.
- Winter Cherry is used to restore male libido, cure impotence and increase male fertility. I can be used as a male sexuality tonic.
- It helps to regulate blood sugar which aids in suppressing sugar cravings.
- Pregnant women are advised to avoid consumption of Winter Cherry, as it possesses abortifacient properties.
- Avoid consumption of Winter Cherry in large amounts, as this may have side effects such as diarrhea, upset stomach, and nausea.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.