The barberry bush is common in Europe, North Africa, the Middle East and central Asia. It’s also referred to as Berberis Vulgaris, European barberry, Mahonia, Holy Thorn, Pepperidge Bush, Sowberry, زرشکت (in urdu). It is a rich source of vitamin C and citric acid and are used in cooking for their pleasantly acidic taste and fruity aroma.
Barberry has an incredible range of remarkable health benefits.
- It fights against Infectionin the body, especially with bladder, urinary tract and gastrointestinal infections.
- Relieve common respiratory tract ailments, including sore throat, nasal congestion, sinusitis and bronchitis.
- It improve digestion and reduce gastrointestinal pain.
- Barberry is an effective treatment for diarrhea.
- Barberry prevents and treats diabetes.
- It improves Heart Health.
- Combats Metabolic Syndrome.
- Cleanses the Liver and Gallbladder.
- It help the immune system to function better.
Barberry Precautions and Possible Side Effects:
- Using extremely high doses may cause nosebleeds and vomiting.
- It is not recommended for very young children.
- Pregnant women should not take it because it may cause uterine contractions and trigger miscarriage.
- Barberry is not recommended for nursing mothers.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.